B.A. (FILM MAKING AND MASS COMMUNICATION)
B.A. (FILM MAKING AND MASS COMMUNICATION) is an undergrad Acting, Dance and Drama course. Understudies study inside a structure which joins a wide aesthetic sciences foundation with specialization in a calling. The course builds up the understudy's capacity to express unique thoughts on film or video and to ingrain an exhaustive comprehension of the specialized and stylish parts of movies and TV. This is a useful and imaginative creation based course, permitting center around building up the abilities requested of arranging, overseeing, shooting and altering movies of different classifications, for various crowds. Subsequent to passing the course, understudies have such a large number of employment choices film industry and its related territories.
A B.A. in Film Making and Mass Communication is a three-year undergraduate degree program that teaches students the art and science of film making and mass communication. The program covers various aspects of film making, including scriptwriting, directing, cinematography, editing, and sound design, as well as aspects of mass communication, including journalism, public relations, advertising, and corporate communication.
Here are some of the common subjects or courses that you will be learning in this program:
- Mass Communication: This subject will teach you the history, theory, and practice of mass communication. You will learn about the different types of mass media, the role of mass media in society, and the ethical considerations of mass communication.
- Journalism: This subject will teach you the skills and knowledge necessary to be a journalist. You will learn about reporting, writing, editing, and producing news stories.
- Public Relations: This subject will teach you the skills and knowledge necessary to work in public relations. You will learn about how to build and maintain relationships with the public, how to manage a crisis, and how to conduct research.
- Advertising: This subject will teach you the skills and knowledge necessary to work in advertising. You will learn about how to create and place advertising, how to target audiences, and how to measure the effectiveness of advertising.
- Film Making: This subject will teach you the skills and knowledge necessary to make films. You will learn about scriptwriting, directing, cinematography, editing, and sound design.
Upon completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Write effectively for different audiences.
- Research and report on current events.
- Create and produce media content.
- Communicate effectively with others.
- Think critically and solve problems.
- Work independently and as part of a team.
A B.A. in Film Making and Mass Communication can prepare you for a variety of careers in the media industry, including:
- Public Relations Specialist
- Advertising Copywriter
- Social Media Manager
- Content Writer
- Film Maker
If you are interested in a career in the media industry, a B.A. in Film Making and Mass Communication can be a great way to get started. With hard work and dedication, you can achieve your goals and make a difference in the world.
Here are some of the top universities in India that offer B.A. in Film Making and Mass Communication:
- Jadavpur University, Kolkata
- Film and Television Institute of India, Pune
- National Institute of Design, Ahmedabad
- Srishti Institute of Art, Design & Technology, Bangalore
- Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication, Pune
These universities offer a variety of courses and specializations in film making and mass communication
Here is a table of the top private and government colleges in India for B.A. Film Making and Mass Communication, along with their fees:
||Fees (per year)
|Whistling Woods International
|Asian Academy of Film & Television
|Film and Television Institute of India
|Srishti Institute of Art, Design & Technology
|Symbiosis Institute of Media and Communication
Here are some of the highlights of a B.A. Film Making and Mass Communication course:
- Learn the art and science of film making and mass communication
- Gain hands-on experience in the media industry through internships and projects
- Develop your creativity, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Build a network of contacts in the media industry
- Prepare for a career in film making, mass communication, or a related field
Here are some of the benefits of a B.A. Film Making and Mass Communication course:
- High earning potential
- Job security
- Opportunities for creativity and self-expression
- The chance to make a difference in the world
Here is the syllabus/subjects of a B.A. Film Making and Mass Communication course:
- First year
- Introduction to Film Making
- Mass Communication
- Public Relations
- Sound Design
- Second year
- Visual Effects
- Documentary Film Making
- Experimental Film Making
- Third year
- Capstone Project
Here is the future scope of a B.A. Film Making and Mass Communication course:
- The media industry is growing rapidly, and there is a high demand for skilled film makers and mass communicators
- With a B.A. in Film Making and Mass Communication, you can pursue a career in a variety of fields, including film making, television, advertising, public relations, and journalism
Here is the employment area of a B.A. Film Making and Mass Communication course:
- Film industry
- Television industry
- Advertising industry
- Public relations industry
- Journalism industry
- Education sector
- Corporate sector
Here are some of the skills required for a B.A. Film Making and Mass Communication course:
- Critical thinking
- Communication skills
- Technical skills
- Teamwork skills
- Problem-solving skills
Here is the cut off for a B.A. Film Making and Mass Communication course:
The cut off for a B.A. Film Making and Mass Communication course varies from college to college. However, most colleges require a minimum of 60% marks in the 12th standard examination.
Here are some of the internships available for a B.A. Film Making and Mass Communication course:
- Production companies
- Advertising agencies
- Public relations firms
- Television channels
- Film festivals
- Non-profit organizations
The period of posting for an internship varies from college to college. However, most internships last for a minimum of 2 months.
Here are some of the specializations available for a B.A. Film Making and Mass Communication course:
- Film making
- Public relations
- Documentary film making
- Experimental film making
Here are some of the career opportunities available for a B.A. Film Making and Mass Communication course:
- Film maker
- Television producer
- Advertising copywriter
- Public relations specialist
- Documentary film maker
- Experimental film maker
Here are some of the top recruiters for a B.A. Film Making and Mass Communication course:
- Yash Raj Films
- Dharma Productions
- Red Chillies Entertainment
- Excel Entertainment
- Phantom Films
- Disney India
- Sony Pictures Networks India
- Star India
- Zee Entertainment Enterprises
Here is the average salary for a B.A. Film Making and Mass Communication graduate:
The average salary for a B.A. Film Making and Mass Communication graduate varies from industry to industry. However, the average salary for a film maker in India is INR 3,00,000 per year.
What Is The BA FILM MAKING Mass Communication Admission Process?
The Universities Grant Admission To Students Either On The Basis Of Entrance Test, Or Through Direct Admission. The Admission Process With Respect To The Course Through Exams Varies From College To College.
- Most Of The Colleges Have An Online Application System When Once The Link Is Opened You Can Apply Through The Prescribed Link.
- In The Cases Of Merit Based Admission, Once The Application Is Processed, The Result Is Usually Based On The Marks Of The Qualifying Exams.
- Narrow Down The Colleges That You Want To Apply To
- Go To The Website Of The College That You Are Interested In.
- Check If They Have Their Own Exam And If You Are Eligible For The Same.
- Create An Id Or Fill In The Admission Form As Prescribed.
- Fill The Details, Pay The Prescribed Fees, And Also Submit The Required Documents If Needed.
- The Admit Card Will Be Provided As Soon As The Application Is Processed. Please Keep A Track Of The Dates Of The Exams.
- In The Event Of Entrance Exams, It Is A Mix Of The Aggregate Marks Scored In The Qualifying Exams Along With The Marks Scored In The Entrance Exams. This Is Calculated On The Completion Of The Entrance Exam.
- Finally, Keep Checking The College Website For Recent Updates And Notifications With Regards To The Same.
B.A Film Making Mass Communication Eligibility Criteria
Students Who Aspire To Go Forward In The Field Of Mass Communication Or Journalism Have To Fulfill Certain Eligibility Criteria For Mass Communication. Different Colleges Have Different Mass Communication Eligibility Criteria For Selecting Students. Candidates Must Fulfill The Eligibility Of Mass Communication To Secure A Seat In The College Or Institute Of Their Choice.
- To Pursue Any Journalism And Mass Communication Course Diploma Programme, Candidates Will Have To First Complete Their Education Up To Class 12 From A Recognized Board Of Education, In Any Stream Of Education.
- Candidates Are Required To Score At Least 45% To 50% Marks In Class 12 To Be Eligible For The Undergraduate Degree Courses.
- However, Post-graduate Degree And Diploma Courses Require You To Possess A Graduation Degree And Diploma Respectively With At Least 50% Marks.
What Are The Various BA Mass Communication Entrance Exams?
Most Of The Colleges Have Their Own Round Of Entrance Exams Along With A Round Of Personal Interview Usually. The Pattern Is Usually Grammar, Writing Skills, Knowledge Of Current Affairs And Critical Writing Ability But The Scheme Of The Exam Can/will Vary From College To College.
- CUET: Christ University Entrance Test Is Conducted In The Months Of February, March, April And May For Admission. It Is The Standard Christ University Admission Procedure, It Is Followed With A Round Of Personal Interview Or Micro Presentation Round.
- SET: Symbiosis Entrance Test Is Conducted For Admission To Various UG Programmes Across All The Symbiosis Institutions. The Exam Is A Written Test Which Is Usually Conducted In The Month Of May
- TANCET: It Is A Common Entrance Exam Conducted For Admission To Colleges All Over Tamil Nadu Which Is Affiliated To University Of Madras.
- IPU CET: It Is A Common Entrance Exam Conducted For Admission For UG Courses In Guru Gobind Indraprastha University.
How To Prepare?
The Syllabus Of The Exams Consists Of Verbal Reasoning, Logical Reasoning, Mathematics, Etc. To Ace The Entrance Exams, Students Are Advised To Start Preparing A Month Earlier By Going Through The Practice Paper Of The Various Entrance Exams Such As SET, TANCET, Etc.
Here Are A Few Things That You Need To Know About The Entrance Exams:
- The Exams Are Usually Held Offline
- Most Of The Exams Would Have Around 150- 200 Questions Of MCQ Type Where The Candidate Would Have To Attempt As Much As Possible.
- Few Of The Entrance Exams Might Have Negative Marking Like TANCET, So One Should Prepare Accordingly
- Study The Syllabus Provided Thoroughly As Well As The Exam Pattern.
- Make Notes While Studying. These Can Help Up With Last Minute Quick Revisions.
- Focus On Your Weak Subjects And Allocate More Time To Them.
- Do Online Quizzes That Would Improve On Your Logical Reasoning, Etc.
- Be Up-to-date With Current Affairs Especially In The Field Of Media.
- If Previous Years' Question Papers Are Available, Then It Is Good To Solve Them As It Will Build Up Your Confidence. While Solving The Previous Papers, Keep In Mind That There Are Negative Marks So Attempt Accordingly.
- Time Yourself When You Attempt The Mock Tests So You Can Find Areas Where You Spend More Time On And Improve On The Same.
Why this Course?
There are many reasons why you might choose to study a Bachelor of Arts (BA) in Film Making and Mass Communication. Here are a few of the most common reasons:
- Creativity: If you are a creative person who loves to tell stories, then a BA in Film Making and Mass Communication can be a great way to hone your skills and learn how to bring your ideas to life.
- Technical skills: A BA in Film Making and Mass Communication will teach you the technical skills you need to work in the film and television industry, such as cinematography, editing, and sound design.
- Industry connections: A BA in Film Making and Mass Communication can help you make connections with industry professionals, which can give you a leg up in the job market.
- Job opportunities: The film and television industry is a large and growing industry, and there are many different jobs available in this field. A BA in Film Making and Mass Communication can prepare you for a variety of careers, such as director, producer, screenwriter, cinematographer, editor, or sound designer.