About Bachelor in Business Economics (BBE)?
Bachelor in Business Economics is an undergraduate course offered under the management stream. This popular course provides aspirants with the knowledge that can be used in the application of economic theories and analysis of decision-making processes in a business.
This three-year academic programme is offered in a number of Indian universities and colleges. The main focus of Bachelor in Business Economics (BBE) is to develop an understanding of the financial sector and the corporate world. It is an in-depth study of different topics included in the economic study like macroeconomics, microeconomics, financial systems, legal aspects of the trade, foreign trade, business analysis and more.
Not only does the course discusses the contemporary financial situation of a country and its international relations but also talks about the financial systems in a historical context.
Bachelor of Business Economics is a three-year-long full time degree course for the field of business economics and finances.
- The course is detailed for gaining in-depth analytical and theoretical knowledge of business economics.
- The core area of studies includes both traditional as well as contemporary trends in business economics.
- The main topics of study are macroeconomics, microeconomics, stock market analysis, history of business economics, current and contemporary trends of international business trends, Indian economy, fiscal economy, business finance, etc.
- It also includes technical subjects like statistics, tally, IT programs for business economics analysis, etc.
- The course offers an internship to its students to let them achieve practical exposure to the business world.
- Students aspiring to start their career by concentrating on business economics and financial trends can pursue this course.
- Being a graduation course, this is the foundation course for students wishing to pursue long term career goals in economics and finance.
- Students may start their careers as business economists, trainee financial analysts, stock market trainees, junior business analysts, etc.
- For career development, BBE can lead up to MBE, MBA, Mphil, or doctoral degrees as higher studies options.
Bachelor in Business Economics (BBE) Course Highlights:-
Bachelor in Business Economics
Full time/ Part-time
Mostly Direct Admissions/ Entrance Exams
INR 1.23 LPA to INR 3.12 LPA
Business Development Executive, Economics Business Manager, Economics Business Analyst, Business Analyst, Medical Economics Manager, Business Planning & Finance Analyst, etc
Top 10 BBE Colleges in India
There are plenty of BBE colleges in India that provide students with all the essential infrastructure and facilities they need to gain a good education. Some of the best BBE colleges in India are listed below:
BBE Colleges in India
Name of College
Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University
Ram Lal Anand College
Christ University, Bangalore
Deen Dayal Upadhyaya College
University of Mumbai
Symbiosis International University
Xavier's College, Mumbai
New Delhi Institute of Management
Fee Structure for BBE
The BBE course fee is not a fixed fee and can depend basing many factors. Some of these factors include the infrastructure, facilities, faculty, and location. The BBE government colleges charge an affordable fee since they aim to ensure that more students are able to access education. The BBE course in India has a general fee of INR 75,000 - 2 LPA.
BBE Course Fees
Name of the Institute
Average Annual Fees
Gargi College, Delhi University
INR 30,00 PA
Delhi Technological University, [DTU], New Delhi
INR 1 LPA
Maharaja Agrasen College, Delhi University
INR 45,000 PA
What is the BBE Syllabus?
Aspirants may refer to the following syllabus to understand the general pattern of the course. Though, the respective university may alter or incorporate exclusive course details as per their rules and regulations.
|Micro-Economic Analysis - 1
|Micro-Economic Analysis - 1
|Mathematics for Business and Economics
|Statistics for Business and Economics
|Economics of Money - Banking and Finance
|Information Technology for Business and economics (Practical)
|Spreadsheets for Business and Economics - 1 (Practical)
|Accounting and Management
|Macro-Economic Policy and Application
|Business Organization and Environment
|International Economics Financial
|Spreadsheets for Business and Economics - 2 (Practical)
|Computational Techniques: SPSS -1 (Practical)
|Computational Techniques: Sage (Practical)
|Computational Techniques: Tally - 1 (Practical)
|India’s Economic Development Since Independence
|Indian Financial System
|Legal Aspects of Business
|Evolution of Economic Thought
|Economics of Growth
|Computational Techniques: SPSS 21 (Practical)
|Computational Techniques: Tally 21 (Practical)
|Internship/ UG Thesis and Viva
Course Comparison: BBE vs. BBS
Bachelor of Business Economics is a specialized area of study that exclusively focuses on the international and contemporary business economic trends as well as the historical economic tendency. On the other hand, Bachelor of Business Studies is a broad area of graduate studies that builds a strong base in accounting, marketing, or management in students.
Aspirants may look into the following table to understand better.
|Minimum Eligibility Criteria
|INR 12,000 - 3,00,000
|INR 12,000 - 1,00,000
|Similar Course of Study
|BA Business Economics, B.Com Business Economics
|Average Starting Salary
What are the BBE Job Profiles?
After successful completion of the BBE course, graduates can find career opportunities in the Corporate Banking, Stock Market, Finance, Academic Institution and many more. Aspirants may refer to the following table to understand the job roles and expected average salaries in detail:
|Average Annual Salary
|The job of an accounts executive is to manage the accounts of an organization.
|The finance executive not only manages the finances but also predicts the risks that the organization might face.
|The financial accountant keeps a track of all the accounts of the organization.
|Economics Business Analyst
|Economic Business Analyst performs research on a vast pool of financial data to derive a prediction of upcoming financial or economic trends. This profile is very important in forecasting national and international fiscal tendencies, therefore, controlling the economic flow.
|Business Development Executive
|They contribute to increasing the sales and revenues of any company or organization by influencing the business development models and strategies in terms of sales.
What is the BBE Future Scope?
To earn a strong career in this subject, students must be enthusiastic to opt for career development courses or higher studies. Below are mentioned some of the potential future scopes in this course of study:
- MBE: Students can pursue a Master in Business Economics as their choice of higher study course. This is a specialized course of study that gives further in-depth analytical knowledge of contemporary business economics of international trends and courses. Upgraded use of software and statistical predictions are also taught in this course.
- MBA in Finance: Master in Business Administration with a specialization in Finance is another specialty that is beneficial for a BBE student. MBA will give him or her specialized education that is required for corporate finance. An in-depth analysis of various financial management case studies along with detailed methodology will help the candidate in gaining further insight./ MBA is helpful in case of a salary hike too.
- M.Phil. & Ph.D.: Business economics is a transitional subject with ever-changing methodology, prediction, analytical theories, and methods. Students wishing to continue their research on business economics can opt for M.Phil and Ph.D.
Salary of a BBE Graduate
The BBE graduate salary in India is not fixed and can vary according to many variables. The salary for the graduates is variable on multiple factors. Some of these factors are location, education, experience, and designation. BBE's average salary in India is around INR 3 - 5 LPA [Source: PayScale].
Career Options After BBE
Job opportunities for BBE graduates have various opportunities to choose from. Job opportunities are available in both the public and private sectors. The most common roles the graduates work as are:
- Business Development Officer
- Customer Relationship Manager
- Marketing Executive
- Investment/Financial/Risk Analyst
- Forecasting Analyst
- Income Tax Planner
- Management Trainee
- Investment Consultant
- Business/Marketing/Sales Support Analyst
- Market Researcher
- Statistical Research Consultant
Skills That Make You The Best BBE Graduate
There are many skills that BBE graduates need to have to ensure that they succeed in their careers. Some of these skills are listed below:
- Flexible Temperament
- Ability to Work Under Pressure
- Time Management Skills
- Quantitative Ability Skills
- Logical Reasoning Skills
Admission Process for Bachelor in Business Economics (BBE)
The admission to Bachelor in Business Economics (BBE) course is done either directly on merit-basis or through entrance exams.
For direct admissions, candidates’ percentage in Class 12 are considered for their selection.
Most of the Indian universities offer for Bachelor in Business Economics (BBE) admissions on merit-basis.
In the case of admissions through entrance exams, candidates are required to first appear in the entry tests.
Their selection is then done on the basis of their performance in the entrance exam.
Some of the universities that offer admission through entrance exams are IP University (IPU CET), Manipal University (MUOET), etc.
Bachelor in Business Economics (BBE) Eligibility Criteria
Mentioned below are the common eligibility criteria for Bachelor in Business Economics (BBE) at Indian college.
Aspiring candidates are required to complete at least 10+2 level of education or equivalent from a recognised board.
The minimum marks required can vary from college to college and for different student categories.
General candidates should have scored at least 50 per cent marks in Class 12.
Reserved category students may get some relaxation in the cut-off percentage.
For some colleges, candidates are also required to clear entrance exams.
What is the BBE top Entrance Exam?
Universities like Delhi University conduct all India entrance examination for its admission to BBE courses. This year, the tentative examination schedule was postponed due to the worldwide Covid-19 pandemic outbreak.
|To be announced
|To be announced
|To be announced
How to Prepare for the BBE Entrance Exam?
The Delhi University Joint Entrance Test is composed of Quantitative Ability, Reasoning and Analytical Ability, General English, General Awareness. Some of the tips to prepare for Bachelor in Business Economics are:
- The entrance exam would include 100 multiple-choice questions.
- It will be of objective type and each question is of 3 marks.
- The total duration of the examination is 2 hours.
- There is a negative marking of 1 mark for each wrong answer.
- Practice everyday and take mocks to be better prepared.
Preparation Tips For BA Economics?
BA in Economics students can prepare themselves by learning the basics of mathematics and social science. Students can follow some of the tips mentioned below for BA in Economics course preparation:
Make a Plan: Make a course plan that can help the student plan according to the study of the work, enabling them to keep both balanced.
Interact with Professors: The interaction with the professors can bring in a new insight into the subjects for the course.
Syllabus and Subjects for BA in Economics
The syllabus and subjects for the BA in Economics course are structured in such a way so that the students get a better understanding of different subjects of the course, which are essential for them to generate their knowledge in various courses ahead. Some of the essential subjects of the BA in Economics course is:
- Economic Policy
- Money and Banking
- Global Finance
- International Trade
- Collective Decisions
- Economic History
- Legal Studies
Read More About BA Economics Syllabus and Subjects
Why Choose BA in Economics?
The BA in Economics course is for those students who wish to join the Indian Economic Service and Reserve Bank of India, which are excellent options open to those who want to join government services after it. This BA in Economics course will provide them with adequate knowledge to become graduates in the BA Economics jobs like the Ministry of Economic Affairs, National Sample Survey, and other departments that need specialists in economics. This degree course enables the students to go into various commerce and banking-related jobs.