STUDY MBBS IN PHILIPPINES
More than 10,000 foreigners decide to pursue an MBBS in the Philippines. It is simple for students to prepare for the USMLE and the Foreign Medical Graduates Exam (FMGE) in the Philippines because nearly all medical universities adhere to the American Standard Medical Education. The Philippines is the best country to consider for MBBS study. A medical degree from the Philippines is respected all over the world. Because Filipinos are friendly hosts, students who choose to study MBBS in the Philippines will feel at home. They are unfathomably friendly and accommodating. All MBBS students at the Philippine Medical College are guaranteed housing in the safe nation of the Philippines. The best option for Indian students is to study medicine in the Philippines because the country offers MBBS programmes at genuinely affordable costs and offers a number of advantages over other countries.
About The Philippines
The Philippines are an island nation. Three main geological zones—Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao—are used to categorise its islands. The Philippines is a socially diverse nation as a result of its archipelago-like geography. The Philippines is a biodiversity hotspot due to its geology, which includes sloping terrain, dense backwoods, fields, and waterfront territories. With a high level of faunal endemism, it is one of the mega-biodiversity nations in the world. Because of its location on the Pacific Ring of Fire, the Philippines is utterly defenceless against natural disasters, especially the risks posed by earthquakes, typhoons, and volcanic eruptions.
Significant approach systems and plans for sustainable human development have been established in the Philippines. The Volunteering Act enhances volunteerism's contribution to societal advancement. The Local Government Code, which decentralises the distribution of social assistance and transfers administrative duties to local governments, has been in effect for 20 years. Despite this, there are gaps in the limits, particularly at the local level, which make it difficult to carry out these strategies and plans.
Why Study MBBS in Philippines?
- Philippines Medical Universities are the World's most reasonable and have the lowest educational expense structure.
- American Style PBL Curriculum.
- The Philippines follows the American schooling system; the medium of education is English.
- The Philippines has an over 93% literacy rate.
- No Donations.
- The Philippines is the most significant English–speaking country in Asia and the third biggest English-speaking country in the World. It uses English as a medium of guidance in advanced education, and that is why Filipinos are considered the most skillful English speakers.
- The Philippines is known for its best quality of education.
- The way of life is quite simple to adapt to. Individuals are more friendly, and the climate is more open and less antagonistic.
- The Philippines is a female ruled country, and it is one of the safest places for females.
- The Climate is comparable to India. The temperature stays between 28 to 32 Degree Celsius consistently.
- Colleges are IMED/ECFMG/WHO Approved.
- The Medical Council of India perceives the M.D. Course in medication from the Philippines equivalent to MBBS in India.
Quick Information Table
NMC and WHO approved
50% in Physics, Chemistry and Biology Aggregate 40% for the Reserved category
5.5 to 6 Years
Yes , compulsory
Medium of Teaching
MBBS in Philippines For Indian Students
Philippines is one of the countries that regularly draws the consideration of medical seekersfrom around the world for studying MBBS. If you are considering pursuing your MBBS degree from Philippines yet cannot decide if you should, this article might help you get some answers.
The Philippines is an Asian country and gives you the choice to pursue your degree in English. Alongside, it offers you to explore various cultures with no limitations. The Philippines is the home of the best medical colleges in the World. The charges for an MBBS degree in the Philippines are 15-22 lakhs for five years.
This medical degree given by MBBS colleges is confirmed and approved by the WHO and MCI. The achievement rate in USMLE guarantees the quality of schooling, which is 100% here. These colleges additionally provide placement facilities to MBBS students in Philippines. The innovative infrastructure and great workforce together make your experience of learning medication easy and euphoric.
The Philippines offers an elevated expectation of education to all and is positioned 46th universally for its excellence in training. The medical degree provided here is legitimate and acknowledged everywhere in the World. This nation has a dazzling climate where you never get bored.
Also, the costs of living here are moderate. This country provides quality training and a brilliant life for students, so it is a significant fascination for medical students worldwide. The Philippines is likewise renowned for Baldomero Olivera and Salvador Laurel, who have contributed to humanity with their works.
Advantages of MBBS in Philippines
English is the most spoken language in Philippines. It is easier for students who wish to study MBBS in Philippines to communicate with patients during internships.
- The mode of guidance/teaching in all the Philippines Medical College is English. Unlike China or Russia, there is no appealing reason to get familiar with the different languages to finish the medical course.
- TOEFL or IELTS test is not required to take Admission for MBBS in Philippines.
- Philippines' weather is the same as Indian weather, heat, and humidity, so the infection range is like India's. While diagnosing patients, it is significant that we get patients during clinical clerkship with diseases common to the Indian environment.
- Universally Recognized Medical Degree: Medical schools (or) colleges in the Philippines are perceived by the World Health Organization and India's Medical Council.
- No Donation/Capitation Fees is needed to study Medicine (M.D.) in the Philippines. You can save around 70% of the educational expenses paid in India's private clinical universities by studying medicine in Philippines Medical College.
- Around 10,000 students come from different nations to study MBBS in Philippines.
- The Philippines is known for its nature of training in different streams. It has 2,180 advanced education establishments, which include 607 public and 1,573 private foundations.
- The medical training of the Philippines depends on the U.S. education system.
Cost of Study for MBBS in Philippines
The cost of study for MBBS in Philippines differs from one University to another as each college has its expenses. Following are some estimated costs of studying MBBS in Philippines Universities The fee for MBBS in Philippines range somewhere between 15 to 20 lakh rupees relying upon the University. Exceptionally positioned universities charge higher fees for the course. The average cost for essential items and stay may fluctuate from one city to another and from student to student. The expenses, including hostel charges, mess expenses, and other expenses, are around 15,000 rupees every month. All costs may wind up somewhere between the range of 25 and 35 lakh rupees. This is around half of the expenses that one might incur while studying in India's private medical school.
Food and Accommodation
Most of the Philippines medical colleges provide hostel facilities to Indian students. Even though it is not mandatory to remain in a hostel, we recommend students to stay in the hostel since it reassures wellbeing and security. Some medical schools have hostels inside the premises, and some have near their beliefs. The hostel will be under observation through CCTV cameras, giving secure convenience to females. Most of the top medical universities in the Philippines supply Indian food, both veg, and non-veg, according to the student's preference.
The typical cost of MBBS in Philippines for essential items is meagre in the Philippines in contrast with other countries. The Philippines' living expenses are 40% higher than India's, yet India's necessary things. The Restaurant and market costs are 1.75% higher than in India. Many Indian students who study MBBS in Philippines say that Transportation charges are meagre compared to India. The price for electronics is three times more than in India. Cloth and shoes costs are moderately exact to India
Here is a list of some of the top universities in the Philippines that offer MBBS courses:
- University of Santo Tomas Faculty of Medicine and Surgery
- Ateneo de Manila University School of Medicine and Public Health
- University of the Philippines Manila College of Medicine
- De La Salle University College of Medicine
- Far Eastern University – Nicanor Reyes Medical Foundation Institute of Medicine
- Saint Louis University School of Medicine
- University of the East Ramon Magsaysay Memorial Medical Center
- Cebu Doctors’ University College of Medicine
- University of Perpetual Help System DALTA Jonelta Foundation School of Medicine
- Saint Luke’s College of Medicine – William H. Quasha Memorial
- Our Lady of Fatima University College of Medicine
- Southwestern University Matias H. Aznar Memorial College of Medicine, Inc.
- West Visayas State University College of Medicine
- Davao Medical School Foundation, Inc.
- Angeles University Foundation School of Medicine
- Mindanao State University College of Medicine
- San Beda University College of Medicine
- University of Northern Philippines College of Medicine
- Ateneo de Zamboanga University School of Medicine
- Zamboanga Medical School Foundation, Inc.
- AMA School of Medicine
MBBS In Philippines Admission Procedure
- Step1: Fill out the College Admission Application form.
- Step2: Submit photocopies of Your Passport, HSC Mark Sheet to apply for a Letter of Permission for Admission.
- Step3: Receive the confirmation greeting letter from the medical college
- Step4: After confirmation, apply for the Philippines Visa along with all the required documents.
- Step5: Appear for Personal Visa Interview at Philippines Embassy alongside the greeting letter and other essential documents for Visa Approval.
Required Documents For Admission In Philippines
- Valid Passport.
- Application form for student visa.
- Three photographs of the applicant.
- Medical health certificate of the applicant (life-size, chest x-ray, and laboratory reports).
- CEA (Police Clearance Certificate authenticated by the Philippine Embassy).
- Visa fee.
MBBS In Philippines Eligibility Criteria
The following are the eligibility criteria for students to study MBBS in Philippines:-
- 50% marks in 10+2 norm with physics, chemistry, and biology or equivalent advanced education.
- For the OBC/SC/ST reservation class, 40% marks are adequate.
- Qualifying Score Cut off in NEET; the passing cut-off is 147 for the General class and 113 for OBC/SC/ST reservation classifications.
Scholarship Offered To Students For MBBS in Philippines
MBBS In Philippines offered the course in very affordable tuition fee and there is very limited scholarship options in Philippines which is based on merit basis.